The Front Lake is a lovely mature tree lined lake approximately 1 acre in size dug approximately 50 years ago.
Access to the fishery is via a locked gate from Moor Lane Staines, post code TW19 6EF. Parking is available inside the gated area. Please note there is a height restriction on the entry gate.
The Front Lake varies in depth between 3 and 12 feet and is best known for the large tench it contains. In 2012 a 12lb 2 oz specimen was caught and most seasons see at least one double on the bank. The lake also contains a few carp of up to 30 lb in weight some of which are lovely plated mirrors. The lake has also produced a crucian carp of over 3lbs.
The lake doesn’t contain any bream to our knowledge but does contain lots of rudd which during the summer months can give fantastic sport for the younger angler with a fish a chuck on maggot. There is also a small head of pike and perch.
- Members are not to create new swims without permission from the committee.
- A maximum of two rods are to be used at any one time.
- Keepnets are not permitted.
- Only barbless hooks are to be used.
- Tiger nuts are only permitted to be used if they have been commercially prepared (cooked).
- Carp sacks may be used for the short term retention of fish for either recovery or photographic purposes.
- Guest tickets are available, these must be booked in advance through a bailiff or the Honary Secretary.