Access to the fishery is via the same locked gate from Moor Lane Staines, post code TW19 6EF as the Moor Lane Front Lake fishery. It also shares the same locked parking area (with height restriction). There is a 5 minute walk from the car park to the fishery via the Front Lake.
In contrast to the Front Lake this lake is long and narrow, originally part of the old Yeovany Lake prior to the Staines bypass being built. The lake is approximately 2-3 acres in size and varies in depth between 3 and 10 feet.
Fishing is from one bank only from approximately 15 swims. The opposite bank is reed lined with over hanging trees in many places.
The lake contains a good head of carp into the mid 20 lb category and has produced both tench and bream into double figures and in common with the Front Lake lots of rudd during the summer months.
- A maximum of two rods are to be used at any one time.
- Keepnets are not permitted.
- Only barbless hooks are to be used.
- Tiger nuts are only permitted to be used if they have been commercially prepared (cooked).
- Carp sacks may be used for the short term retention of fish for either recovery or photographic purposes.
- Guest tickets are available these must be booked in advance through the membership Secretary.